Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Cowardly Lion takes up Karate

Recently I had drawn a bunch of gag comics featuring only animals. I'm going through this phase where I don't want to draw people (probably because as a caricature artist that's ALL I draw). I've been sitting on them for a few months because I was waiting to see how things went in the contest (see previous post). As the contest is over for me, I have felt the desire to revisit them. I just need to slap some color on them and I'll start posting them here.

This particular gag is actually an old one for me that I recycled. The original featured a little boy practicing his karate in the backyard. It just seemed to fit so well for the Cowardly Lion since there really are talking trees in Oz. I would show you the original but I'd die of shame. I mean I drew it with a stinkin' sharpie people!

No comments:

Post a Comment