Tuesday, August 23, 2011

RIP Sketchbook: 2010-2011

I've done it. I've finished another sketch book. Every single page filled with doodles and sketches and everything in between. One of the greatest feeling for an artist is filling up a sketch book. You know that every page is something that you put together and that this book is a compilation of your time and effort. This sketch book took me a little over a year to complete. I started it on August 10, 2010 and finished it on August 22, 2011. My sketch book before this one took me two years to complete, so I really feel like I've accomplished something by doing it a year faster. I like that pace and I hope to do my next sketch book as fast or faster. For your viewing pleasure, here are the first and last pages of my sketchbook.


This was page one drawn on 08/10/2010. At the time I was interested in using brushes and india ink. I think I went to the Dallas Aquarium a little before I drew this and I was very interested in the sloths that they had there. They didn't look real, they looked like puppets.


In my last sketchbook I finished it off with a picture of Batman. I decided to go a similar route and draw one of his many villains, the Ventriloquist. I also decided to use brushes and india ink to tie it into the first page. This was drawn on 08/22/2011.

Rest in Peace sketchbook, it's time to make room for your replacement. Another exciting moment for an artist is the new sketchbook. Oh, the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment