Friday, July 29, 2011

Bucket Gnome Classic: Post Modernism

Since my other site is closing and that means that all those comics will disappear from the internets, I've decided to post a few of my own favorites here to live on. Also I plan to color them as a bonus. This one above was first released on November 6, 2009.

My first introduction of post modernism was my freshman year of college. One of my professors wanted us to understand what it was and assigned us to read several articles on the subject. At the time I didn't understand a lick of it. I kept trying to summarize it to myself and I just couldn't make heads or tails of it. Years later I finally got a grasp of the subject and I understood why I was frustrated. Post modernism is a selfish thing in which my ideas are correct, but at the same time I don't want to be rude to you, so your ideas are also correct. Meaning that if our ideas conflict we just ignore the obvious contradictions and smile at each other, both victorious. The reason I didn't understand it was because there was nothing to understand. You can have your cake and eat it too. This comic was my summary on post modernism as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment