Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday Morning Cartoons: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (1946)


I've been studying a lot of classic animation recently and thought I would share some goodies on Saturdays. This is a classic Looney Tunes cartoon starring the one and only Daffy Duck. I've always been a fan of the loonier/crazy Daffy than the newer angry duck. I liked that you never knew what he was going to do. With every new generation Daffy just keeps getting grumpier and grumpier. It's like his crazy side never existed.
This little gem is a hoot. Not only is it non stop hilarious, it is also just so visually spectacular. I think I could learn a lot from this just going frame by frame. Look at the mail man's hands when he delivers the mail (I never realize how creepy they were til now). They've also got Daffy making so many different kinds of expressions and poses. If I was half this creative I'd be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment