Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to School


As well as being a caricature artist, I am also a teacher's aide in a elementary school special ed. classroom. I love my job. There is something about these children that just warms my heart. Anyways, School is back in action starting on Monday. Last night this image popped into my head so I decided to put it on paper and share it with you. It's not a caricature so I won't mark it as such. It's more of a cartoon rendering of Doc Brown and Marty McFly from Back to the Future.

I've been studying Preston Blair's book, "Cartoon Animation" and as you can tell I drew this in that classic style. I've made it my mission to study the classic animation styles in hopes that their foundations will help me become a better artist. So far I've really enjoyed what I've learned and fell like I'm starting to understand some of the basics. What amazes me the most is that learning these basics actually helps me draw things easier and with a much better look.

No comments:

Post a Comment